Saturday, September 5, 2009

desert first



m


a
Anyone who pens the name "desert first" for their blog should be loved. I just stumbled upon this blog while trying to pull some trend research for birthday parties and cakes. Lovely.

From her blog:
Who am I: My name is Anita and I am a Bay Area native, living and working around San Francisco, with a lifelong addiction to all things sweet. My love for baking has led me down some unexpected but very rewarding (and delicious) paths.

Where I've been: In 2005 I took a six-month professional pastry course at Tante Marie's Cooking School, which focused on classic French patisserie. I braved the perils of burning sugar, overwhipped egg whites, and melting fondant to make croissants, croquembouche, and tarte tatin. A record of my travails can be found at my Flickr page.

After graduating, I fulfilled one of my lifelong dreams and worked full time in a beautiful little bakery in the East Bay, turning out cakes, croissants, and chocolate. At the same time my curiosity about photography, which sprung from a desire to document all my experiences in the kitchen, evolved into a professional passion. I had started Dessert First as a way to combine several of my interests: baking, photography, and writing. Now it had become a springboard for me to share with world how I feel about the beauty and joy of food.

{desertfirst.typepad.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment