Monday, February 15, 2010

walmart price signing

I was at Walmart this weekend for a quick item purchase. Walmart is 2 miles from my house and Target is 8 miles. I was shocked to see the store filled with balloons everywhere. And the balloons were not for purchase, they were signing. Do you see the prices on the balloons? Wowza it feels like a car sales lot!

Seeing this instore made me think of the clip from the movie "My Best Friend's Wedding" where Cameron Diaz wants to be jello and Julia Roberts says "you're never gonna be jello".

Lately, Target seems to be jumping in the price war parade with Walmart with the recent "Big Save Event". If Target ever attempted to populate the store with price balloons I might have to go on shopping hiatus. I am serious!

My main point: Target, you're never gonna be jello (Walmart) so please be creme brulee (your fabulous self). Don't be jello. Don't EVEN think you could be jello.

No comments:

Post a Comment