Sunday, May 9, 2010

marvel






When I was four years old, my grandmother Marvel showed me that you could draw a flower in a different way. It didn't have to be a bold edge with color on the inside. I think that moment changed me forever and I never looked back.

I have been asking questions ever since, seeing the world in a different light, moving through new avenues and pushing expectations. Though she has been gone now for more than seven years, she remains with me now as I teach my children how to see the world. She would like them... and bribe them with eskimo pies to get them to take naps.

Mother's day makes me miss her wit, quiet wisdom, green bean stir fry and they way she would say "foo-eyy" while waving her hand in the air when something was foolish.


No comments:

Post a Comment