Monday, December 29, 2014

gingerbread houses + dinosaurs

At our house we made about 12 tiny gingerbread houses. I found this awesome new cookie cutter at Target over the holidays. I cannot find the Sweet Creations Cookie Cutter at Target.com. But I did find it here.

Back to the houses. I had the kids assemble them on paper plates. We decorated the freshly frosted houses with with Smarties, licorice, gumdrops, Holiday candy corn, candy melts, reindeer graham crackers, shredded coconut and mini M&Ms. After the houses were dry, we trimmed the plates close to the edge of the frosting. Then I snapped this photo with shredded coconut and dinosaurs (for a sense of scale). This cookie cutter would work for any seasonal celebration, Valentine's Day, Easter, 4th of July or Halloween.

Next, I would like to offer the houses to the neighborhood squirrels and wild turkeys. The hubby is not a fan of this said "plan".

Here is the cookie cutter. The photo is from goodcook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment