Monday, December 22, 2014

spicy cakeball truffles


Spicy Chocolate Cakeball Truffles with Cayenne Pepper and Chili Powder. I have been intending to make these for months. I finally just gave it a go. I baked a basic chocolate cake, let it cool and then crumbled it in my KitchenAid mixer. I added about 1- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate frosting until the mixture is similar to Playdoh. 

For the spicy part, I added about 2 teaspoons of both Cayenne Pepper and Chili Powder. That is what worked best for my taste level. Start out with just one teaspoon of each and taste test a bit. Chill the mixture in the fridge for a bit, then roll balls. I dipped them in melted chocolate. I love gold glittery sugars with red hot details. 

They are the perfect treat with a cool coffee drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment