Monday, May 11, 2009

shepard fairey's saks fifth avenue propaganda











I’m sure you’ve seen snippets here and there of Shepard Fairey’s Studio Number One artwork for the Saks Fifth Avenue Spring 2009 WANT IT! Campaign ~ featuring some very propaganda style imagery, but i’ve yet to see it all in one place, or up close… Luckily just got a hold of the high res images of all of the artwork, and freshly couriered over were a copy of the latest catalog as well as some of the bags to check out up close. As you can see, i got indecisive in picking the main image to show first, so you get two!
All I think of when I see this is my days at MCAD (minneapolis College of Art and Design) in Type 2 with Jan Jancourt. He was such a stickler for the perfect combination of type, white space, leading, tracking, and so on. In the end, I am about as nutty as he is. I wonder what he would say about this campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment