Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wizard of Oz




The original movie poster from 1939



Originally released on August 15th 1939.

I watched this with the kids this weekend. They really liked it. When I was a kid, my favorite part was when the house was swirling in the tornado and when she finally landed in Munchin-land and the whole film changed to color. I never understood at the end how the cowardly Lion wasn't a coward about getting the "courage" pin jabbed into his chest. . . or how the wicked witch would keep water around if she knew it would make her melt into a puddle of death. "Maybe that is why she was green, because she couldn't take a bath?" my daughter declared

The songs are still catchy, even as an adult viewer. "Follow the yellow brick road" and "we're off to see the wizard" and who could ever forget "I'll get you, my pretty and your little dog too". My favorite song would be "ding dong the witch is dead". A little piece of history to hand off to the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment