Tuesday, November 3, 2009

my tree and me

Who says a family tree can't be super cool. I love the new thinking in this realm.




I became interested in my own family history when my first child, Finley, was born. As a new mother, it felt incredible to take my place in the long line of mothers who had come before me. And in the more challenging moments, it was comforting to think that all of these generations of parents had raised children, day-by-day, year-by-year, through the highs and lows, and they made it through! I didn’t want to lose that sense of connection. By graphically interpreting our history, our family tree serves as an emotional reminder that we always have the wisdom, humor, and experience of generations to draw upon.

Creating a family tree is a profound experience, one that allows you to step out of yourself and create a larger storyline. In designing modern genealogy charts, my hope is that your history and your connections will serve as a very personal form of art on your walls—one that inspires curiosity, reminiscing, and storytelling.

1% of all profits are donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
{mytreeandme.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment