Thursday, November 19, 2009

tavi, the style rookie


Her commentary seems to come from a 40+ year old fashion mind, yet she is somehow only 13 years old. At times, I thought, "maybe it is really her stylist parents writing all of this and then they collectively take all these awesome photos of her styled-up outfits?"

But then I saw the photos of Tavi at fashion shows, and thought "nope, this is real". I would still like to see a live interview. . . I read a little more about her on wikipedia. Her dad is an English teacher and didn't really know she was blogging much till she asked his permission to appear in a New York Time Magazine story. She started her blog March 2008, when she was only 11 years old. She has already been on the cover of "Pop Magazine".

I admire any soul with passion, drive and a solid perspective. I hope some day my kids shock me like Tavi did her father.

From her site:
Tiny 13 year old dork that sits inside all day wearing awkward jackets and pretty hats. Scatters black petals on Rei Kawakubo's doorsteps and serenades her in rap. I have no where near 4 million readers. Rather cynical and cute as a drained rat. In a sewer. Farting. And spitting out guts.

{tavi-thenewgirlintown.blogspot.com} {wikipedia.org}

No comments:

Post a Comment