Thursday, February 4, 2010

postcards

Don't let my last name fool you. My mom is Chinese-Irish. I spent most of my life submerged in the Chinese culture. I even went to Chinese school on Saturdays, my mom had cooking school at our house and I helped to organize/prepare for many Chinese New Years banquets. My grandparents had an grocery store called "International House" and a line of frozen food in local grocery stores called "Marvel Foods". Their store had the first fortune cookie machine west of the Mississippi river. I feel at home making Asian inspired art. . . thus the postcards.
Yes, I love my imac and being a graphic designer but sometimes I need a break from it all. I make postcards from found paper items: cardboard, paper scraps and fortune cookie fortunes. I layered them together with Modge Podge and stamp it with a vintage postcard stamp.

I started selling the postcards at CorAzon in Minneapolis, MN. Stop by the store if you would like to make a kraftykym purchase!






I am selling the postcards at Truly in White Bear Lake, MN along with my boy tie shirts, girls flower shirts and flower headbands. Stop the store and take a gander if you live in this chilly state! White Bear Lake has many great little stores, bakeries and fine eateries.

No comments:

Post a Comment