Friday, April 9, 2010

old navy supermodelquin







My mother always told me that hate was a strong word. I would like to use it right now regarding this campaign from Old Navy. There is just no love in my designer soul for this one.

I don't care if you could win $100K. . . still don't like it. Yes, Crispin Porter + Bogusky... I do like you and your creepy Burger King but I do NOT like this campaign for Old Navy. Just not digging it. I would love to know if it has actually boosted sales? I am a young mom, this does not make we want to shop at Old Navy.

Crispin Porter + Bogusky definitely has a thing for creepy lifelike figures. There was the Orville Deadenbacher fiasco, and then, of course, there's the King. Now, the agency is giving you the chance to see a cheery plastic version of yourself. A new Old Navy promotion invites you to compete to become an Old Navy "supermodelquin." If you think you have what it takes, there's another week left to visit an Old Navy store, pose next to a supermodelquin, and submit the photo for judging. The site has a "Hot or Not" tool for rating submissions and some videos with tips from mannequins. The winner not only gets cast in plastic but will also star in Old Navy ads and receive $100,000. I'm guessing you also get to keep the mannequin after they're finished with it, which will leave some lucky person with an interesting home-decorating decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment