Wednesday, October 5, 2011

think different



Here's to the crazy ones.
The misfits.
The rebels.
The troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.
They're not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.
You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They push the human race forward.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones,
We see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world,
Are the ones who do.

My heart is heavy with the passing of Steve Jobs tonight. The Apple computer is the reason for my career choice. I remember playing on my friend, Martina's family mac computer in the 1980's. Her dad would only let us play on it for a half hour but we could draw with the programs. I could not do that at home on my Dad's PC with the lotus notes program and annoying key commands (remember shift + F1).
Even back then my creative spark flipped on. It lead me to taking classes on the weekend at Minneapolis College of Art and Design when I was twelve. I went on to follow a career in design during my college years. And now I am on an Apple computer nearly ten hours a day. I blog, create photo album for my kids, connect with friends around the world and to make my own vision to share with others.

Steve was only 56 years old, makes me wonder what other amazing things he could have created for the world. Carry forward with the words that kept Steve moving "stay hungry, stay foolish".


No comments:

Post a Comment