I love these cookies. The coconut gives the cookie a nice chewy texture and a bit of extra flavor. Yes, they are now my new favorite.
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 -2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup shredded coconut (I used unsweetened)
1 cup chocolate chips (if you want more, than more)
Preheat the oven to 350
1. Cream the butter, sugars, egg and vanilla. set aside.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a new bowl.
3. Add dry to the wet ingredients, mix well.
4. Toss in the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon on to cookie sheet, bake 8-10 minutes