Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DIY crayons


I seriously have 100's of broken crayons around my house. I finally went through the diaper bag, back packs, my purse (restaurant crayons), the pantry and eight different pencil boxes. I found all the broken shabby crayons and gathered them by color (the kids helped too).

Step 1: Run an Exacto knife vertically down the paper label and peel off the papers.

Step 2: Set up a double boiler. I just use a smaller pot sitting inside of a larger pot filled with boiling water. Slowly melt the crayons. I melt all the same color, for example... all Pink.

Step 3: Once the crayons are all melted, pour into your desired chocolate candy mold.

Step 4: Chill a little bit on the counter, about 5 minutes. They place in the refrigerator till they are set, about 30 minutes. I found that the crayons are shinier if you place them in the fridge, rather than leave them on the counter.

Step 5: Pop them out of the molds.

Don't know where to buy chocolate molds? Joann Fabrics, Michaels, ACMoore, Make'nMold, Wilton
SugarCraft, BakeItPretty

No comments:

Post a Comment