Monday, November 10, 2014

Snow Rookie

So Minnesota had a Winter Wall descend upon us courtesy of Typhoon Nuri. The snowfall totals are stacking up with 16.5″ reported at Cambridge and St. Augusta. I am happy to share that Minneapolis only received around 3" so far. I was a Winter Rookie today, forgetting my snow scraper in the garage at home. During my swift departure in the morning, I managed to only snag a pair of basic mittens from my daughter's stash.

Back in the 1990s, in the high school parking lot we would scrap ice and snow off our cars with cassette tape cases and school IDs. Today I dug around for an empty lunch container lid. I got home safe, that is all that matters. Statewide 5am-4pm Minnesota troopers responded to 393 crashes and 559 vehicles off road/spin-outs.

Travel safe folks, tomorrow is round two.

No comments:

Post a Comment