Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Orange Cranberry Pinwheels

Orange Cranberry Pinwheels are delicious! My hubby was bummed that they were "fancy" ones. He was hoping for the standard Mexi pinwheels. I do not care. I wanted to make something new.

Recipe:
4 flour tortillas
2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup of dried cranberries (you could use any sort of flavor)
2 bunches diced green onions
1 tsp of garlic salt
1 orange for the juice and zest

Directions:
Mix the cream cheese and garlic salt together until well blended. I used my KitchenAid mixer. I zested one entire orange and added the zest to the cream cheese mixture. Then add in 1 tsp of freshly squeezed orange juice.  Spread this mixture evenly over the tortillas.

In a small bowl, mix the cranberries and green onions. Sprinkle this mixture over the cream cheese spread. Lightly press the cranberry/onions into the cream cheese.

Roll up the individual tortillas, trim off the ends and wrap up in plastic wrap. I place them in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Then take them out and slice each tortilla into about 10 even sized pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment