Monday, April 20, 2009

heroes

I just love a show that has a final thought at the end that sums up the whole episode. It makes me feel like that one hour is all tidy and wonderful. Heroes often has the best summaries. Here is one from this week:

"For every being cursed with self awarness there remains the unanswerable question, who am I? We struggle to find meaningful connections to one another. We are the caring friend, the loving father, the doting mother, the protected child. We fight and we love in the hope that somehow together we can understand our signifigance in the universe but in the end no one can share our burden. Each of us alone must answer the question, who am I? What does it mean to be alive? And in the vast infinity of time, how do I matter?"

No comments:

Post a Comment