Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sir Can-A-Lot for SPAM's 75th anniversary








{bizjournals.com} This morning while I was switching my shoes after spin class, I saw this "kitchen Catapult" commercial. So of course, I had to dig around for more. I was too curious. Growing up my dad was a fan of Spam, must be a mid-west thing.

My friend, Dan Armstrong wrote this book about Spam.

"Austin, Minn.-based Hormel, which is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year, says the 2.5-inch-tall Sir Can A-Lot is "ready to begin a crusade to rescue the world from routine meals.

The name Sir Can-A-Lot may remind people of Monty Phython's jokes about Spam over the years, including a Broadway musical titled Spam-A-Lot.

Creation of the TV and online advertisements for Sir Can-A-Lot was managed by BBDO Minneapolis, while TV ads were produced by Laika House. Website and design was created byProximity Minneapolis, with Proof Integrated Communications managing Web development, Hormel (NYSE: HRL) said."

No comments:

Post a Comment