Saturday, October 18, 2014

Rice Krispie Turkey Drumsticks + Pumpkins

Yes! I finally made them. I saw these Rice Krispie Turkey Drumsticks a while ago and finally found the time to make them. My daughter had a sleepover this weekend. Sixth grade girls had no problems making these treats. So cute and even more cute when small children eat them. 

Wonder how to make them? You will need Rold Gold Pretzel Rods, mini marshmallows, white candymelts, Rice Krispies, butter and marshmallows. First step, cut the Pretzel Rod in half with a sharp knife. Melt your white candymelts according to directions, lightly dip mini marshmallows in the chocolate and attach to the ends of the pretzels. Let them rest on a sheet of waxed paper and wait for them to cool. Next dip one end of the pretzel in the white chocolate (only half way on the pretzel), tap off excess, allow to cool on wax paper.

While the pretzel bone is cooling. You can make a batch of regular Rice Krispies bars. I prefer to make them in the microwave. Allow the prepped rice krispie treats to cool a bit before you handle them. Butter up your hands. I tried to use coconut oil and it did not work. Butter is best. I don't think I used more than one tablespoon of butter on my hands for all of the drumsticks. Form the faux turkey meat on the pretzel bone (the side without the white chocolate). The will store well in an air tight container. However in my house, they were gone too quickly. 



If the turkey drumsticks feel like too much work, then this is the option for you. Melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave, stir till well combined then add the food coloring. Toss in the rice krispies, allow to cool a bit. Butter up your hands, scoop up some Rice Krispies and shape into a ball. For the stem I used Tootsie Rolls but you could also use pretzels too.

I think it would be cute to add leaves too. Maybe some Fruit leather or or those Spearmint leaves


No comments:

Post a Comment