Monday, October 13, 2014

Show me don't tell me

These four fine young men in this photo are my Great-Great-Grandmother's brothers. They look to be a pack of trouble. I wish I knew more about their adventures. I'm loving their attire and confidence.

 
Making mistakes is better than faking perfection. I am the queen of mistakes but many do not believe me. Obviously they have not seen my flopped Pannekoeken attempt. I forgot to add eggs while wrangling the kids. I really have no clue what I am doing. I just keep moving, keep trying and see how things pan out.

This photo above is my Grandpa Stanley, Grandma Marvel and her sister Grace and her husband, Bitty. Grace was a firecracker, an amazing seamstress, spoke several languages and a wonderful artist. She passed away not long after I was born.

This is a photo of my Grandma Winnie and my dad. Winnie was always real. She didn't know how to be quiet or how to hold her tongue. She was a riot and I miss her so much. I love this photo of her, looking so cute with her first kid. She ended up having four kids before disposable diapers, microwaves, or the Little Mermaid (on repeat).

This quote, is from a longer statement by Marianne Williamson. I am not a very religious person, but I love this message. We should all shine, like we did as children.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Okay, this kid is not "shining". He is grumpy about something, which happens. But if you have time to complain you have time to make change. Sure be a grump for a bit, but then think up a solution or move along.
Little Tike Cozy Coupe 1970s style. The first model was sold in 1979. I am sure this is one of the original ones. Remember to always stay patient and trust your journey.  At times nothing makes sense but just keep going but somehow everything works out.
My Grandma Marvel and Grandpa Stanley loved to travel and they really enjoyed taking photos of food. They were decades ahead of the Instagram foodies sans fancy filters. 

Do you wonder where this all started from? Click here to read the tale.


No comments:

Post a Comment