Monday, March 30, 2015

show me, don't tell me

We travel, some us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls. My Grandma Marvel is the lady on the right with Barbara. Marvel never learned to drive a car. She was content to leave that chore to others.
Actually, I can. Oh Great Aunt Grace… forever doing exactly what she wanted to do. She hand painted this photograph decades ago. I am the keeper of most of the family photos. I wish I could have met her. I am certain we would have loved each others ideas.
 I don't want just words. If that's all you have for me, you'd best go. Grace again, this time in France during the 1930s.
 Do it right or don't do it at all. Check out those bright orange quilted coats. The kids would always ask my sister and I if we were going hunting in our orange coats. Nope, not going hunting. Our mom loves thrift shops and has no idea that Member's Only and Acid-washed denim are the 80's hot ticket item. Oh well....
Kind people are brave people. My Grandma Marvel is on the left. I just found out from my Mom this weekend, that the fella is John Beck (maybe Jon, not sure). John wanted to marry Grandma, but she passed. I wonder what this pie-eating evening was all about? Who took the photo?
Liking what you do is happiness. So I found nearly all the Easter Bunny photos in the ten or so boxes of photos that I have lurking in my uber messy office. There are literally bunny trails to navigate my office, so serious. The rest of the house is fine. You can tell in this photo that I am really not in the mood for this situation. I am wearing my ballet outfit, guessing practice is soon.

What I am looking for is not out there. It is in me. My Great Aunt Grace in WooSung, China (North of Shanghai) in the 1930's.

Wonder where this all started from? click here.  I was asked by a few folks if I sell these images. I just started up a Society6. Check it out if you might be interested in a print or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment