Monday, May 11, 2015
Sugar Cream Pie
Makes One 9" pie:
1 Deep Dish Frozen Pie Crust
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
2 TBS Flour
Pinch of salt
2 cups Heavy Cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Bake the pie crust according to the directions. Set aside, to cool a bit.
pre-heat oven to 375˚F
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine, the sugars, flour, and salt.
3. Gently stir in the heavy cream with a spatula. Do not overmix or the pie will not set properly
4. Stir in the vanilla extract in the mixture
5. Place your baked Pie Crust on a tin-foil lined baking sheet. (do not skip this step)
6. Slowly pour in the mixture into the baked Pie Crust.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, rotate 180˚ then bake another 20-25 minutes. Large bubbles should cover the surface of the pie. The pie will not set when it comes out of the oven.
8. Cool to room temp, then chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours (or overnight). Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.
This pie tastes best, cold with a hot cup of coffee.