Monday, July 15, 2013

the color run : MN



The Color Run is truly the Happiest 5K on the Planet. The only thing that would make it better, is if they played awesome music the whole way. I saw lots of kids, grandparents and many walk-runners. My favorite was a 20-something Grandson pushing his Grandmother in her wheelchair through the race. Grandma looked so thrilled and happy.

This year the color run was at the Minnesota State Fair grounds. Advice I would give someone considering running: wear sunglasses, use an arm band to hold your phone/car keys, have towels prepped on your car seats, have wet wipes in your car and change your clothes (carefully) while everyone is attempting to get out of the parking lot at the EXACT same time.  Oh and use a Chef Sleeve for your iphone- to protect it for the color powder!

I would totally do this run again. And next time I am bringing my two oldest kids!

Last tip! Clean your ears with Q-tips afterwards. The powder seriously gets everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment