Monday, December 8, 2014

show me, don't tell me

Givers need to set limits because takers rarely do. My Grandmother Marvel was always a giver. She always shared her food to the point of insanity. Once she cut a Snickers bar into 16 pieces so everyone could have a bite.
If life can remove someone you never dreamt of losing it can replace them with someone you never dreamt of having. I am still not sure the exact year of this photo, but I could safely guess the early 1980s. My sister and I were visiting our Great Grandparents in Ames, Iowa. Great Grandma was quite sick and my Dad wanted to see her. It was a tough weekend. Great Grandma was having many troubles remember everyone. It was hard to see such sadness in Everyone's eyes.
Trust that if the answer is no there is a better yes down the road. Adorable. This is my sister and I most likely 1982. My mom was a mega fan of turtleneck shirts. She was also a constant thrift store shopper. Back in the day, I was bummed out by that shopping venue. However, now I find myself joyfully cruising the thrift store scene.
One of the hardest things is letting go of something you thought was real. Santa time with the sister. This time she got the turtleneck shirt. Ha!
Never compare your beginning with someone Else's end. My Grandfather Stanley was a balloon master. If we went to a restaurant for dinner, he would always leave the waitress a tip with a dog balloon. He also made a clever apple balloon with a tiny Chow Mein noodle inside, for the worm.
Whatever makes you weird is probably your greatest asset. Classic Halloween costumes from the 1980s. I wish they would make these again.
Will is to grace as the horse is to the rider. Such Tom Foolery, playing in leaves with our snowsuits on. I am certain that mom was just confirming our snowsuits would still fit before the real Minnesota winter arrived.

Wonder where this all started? Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment